With New York City, NY, the largest city in the United States, having a population of 8.2 million, it has many opportunities for continuing education in online marketing. As part of our directory of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), social media marketing, and marketing (generally) opportunities for adult learners, here are our selections for continuing education in marketing in the New York City area. Please note that we can provide corporate training on these topics by custom quote (minimum of 5 participants).
- Free Directory. Use this free directory of New York, NY, continuing education programs in marketing to find possible SEO, Social Media Marketing, and/or AdWords training classes. Be advised that all programs and schedules are subject to change without notice; the JM Internet Group assumes no responsibility for listings in this free directory.
- Custom Training Quote. For a custom training quote, please call us at 510-894-6791 or send an inquiry.
Leveraging Free (and Low Cost) Marketing Education Opportunities
Small business owners and marketers, entrepreneurs starting their own businesses, and even non-profits can (and should) avail themselves of free Internet marketing opportunities ranging from Google / Bing optimization to Facebook or Twitter marketing to simple tactics to use “real world” marketing to improve their performance. We at the JM Internet Group are all about learning and doing… If you know of a continuing education opportunity in the New York area, please contact us for free inclusion (non-profit organizations, only)!
- Updated: December 24, 2014
Continuing Education in (Internet) Marketing: New York, NY
The institutions below provide training in Internet marketing, including SEO, Social Media Marketing, and AdWords / PPC. However, be sure to check with each institution as to their schedule of classes, as not all subjects are offered at all times. Schedules and training curricula are subject to change without notice, and the JM Internet Group assumes no responsibility of the accuracy of any program listed in this free directory!
- Continuing Education, Columbia University. Columbia focuses more on summer education, but their business school is second to none, and if you have the time (and the money) Columbia is a great place to learn Internet marketing in New York, NY.
- CUNY (City University of New York). CUNY is the low-cost choice, offering an excellent practical education in all areas of business, here.
- New York Institute of Technology, Continuing Education. Courses, of course, focusing on technology. But if Internet marketing isn’t technology… what is?
- New York University. NYU is perhaps the most practical of the private universities in New York City, and it has an extensive offering of everything business. In their own words, ‘Today, continuing education encompasses a wide span of programs across NYU’s schools, but it is most fully realized in NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies (NYU-SCPS), a global leader in university-based continuing higher education. NYU-SCPS draws upon strong connections to New York City’s key industries and cultural sectors to support students in attaining their professional goals and personal educational aspirations.’
- Hofstra University. While technically not in New York City, Hofstra located on Long Island has courses on Internet marketing, including a course on ‘Creating Content for Websites, SEO and Social Media’. In their own words, ‘Content, content, content! It’s all we seem to hear about these days. But good content is essential for driving search engine optimization (SEO), and is a critical component of websites and social media. So how do you keep coming up with fresh content? In this hands-on, interactive workshop, you’ll not only learn tips and techniques for creating interesting and relevant content, you’ll leave the workshop with content ideas that you can implement right away.’
Training Options: New York City, Online and Beyond
New York City is clear across the United States from our location in San Jose, California. With plane fares estimated at $1000 round-trip, plus workshop time of 8 hours and 1/2 hour of preparation time for each hour of instruction… assuming you have a group of at least 5 persons, an in-person, private workshop training in SEO / Social Media / and/or AdWords would run roughly $1500 plus expenses. So your options are to either use the continuing education resources listed above (be sure to check their course catalogs for course offerings, as these vary over time), to use online training, or to contact us for a private workshop. We also provide one-on-one training online.
Here are some fun facts about New York, NY. More than 26,000 people live per square mile in New York – now, that’s crowded! The Federal Reserve Bank on Wall Street is the official repository of gold, and holds about 25% of the world’s reserves. Among famous people from the ‘Big Apple’ are – Jay Z, Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise, and Lana Del Rey. Indeed, movie stars and pop singers tend to either live in New York, NY, or Los Angeles, CA… so that’s not very surprising. Toilet paper was invented in New York, and the city of New York will pay for a one-way plane ticket for any homeless person who has a guaranteed place to stay.