With Memphis the 20th largest city in the United States, having a population of 653,000, it has many opportunities for continuing education in online marketing. As part of our directory of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), social media marketing, and marketing (generally) opportunities for adult learners, here are our selections for continuing education in marketing in the Memphis area. Please note that we can provide corporate training on these topics by custom quote (minimum of 5 participants).
- Free Directory. Use this free directory of Memphis, continuing education programs in marketing to find possible SEO, Social Media Marketing, and/or AdWords training classes. Be advised that all programs and schedules are subject to change without notice; the JM Internet Group assumes no responsibility for listings in this free directory.
- Custom Training Quote. For a custom training quote, please call us at 510-894-6791 or send an inquiry.
Leveraging Free (and Low Cost) Marketing Education Opportunities
Small business owners and marketers, entrepreneurs starting their own businesses, and even non-profits can (and should) avail themselves of free Internet marketing opportunities ranging from Google / Bing optimization to Facebook or Twitter marketing to simple tactics to use “real world” marketing to improve their performance. We at the JM Internet Group are all about learning and doing… If you know of a continuing education opportunity in the Memphis area, please contact us for free inclusion (non-profit organizations, only)!
- Updated: February 18th 2015
Continuing Education in (Internet) Marketing: Memphis.
The institutions below provide training in Internet marketing, including SEO, Social Media Marketing, and AdWords / PPC. However, be sure to check with each institution as to their schedule of classes, as not all subjects are offered at all times. Schedules and training curricula are subject to change without notice, and the JM Internet Group assumes no responsibility of the accuracy of any program listed in this free directory!
- The University of Memphis runs several courses in marketing in general, and specifically social media marketing at its Fogelman College of Business and Economics.
- A number of business courses are available at Southwest Tennessee Community College including courses in business & business management.
- Rhodes College has a series of courses on marketing and business. The College describes itself a follows: The Rhodes experience combines the best of the classroom and the real world—through internships, service, research and other opportunities in Memphis and far beyond. Students learn, play and serve others with a determination to grow personally and to improve the quality of life within their communities.
- The University of Phoenix has a Memphis Campus located in Cordova which offers a huge range of courses for business studies. It states: As a student at the University of Phoenix in Tennessee, you can select from several different degree programs in areas such as criminal justice, technology, and business and management, to name a few. In particular, of interest to people looking to learn about SEO and marketing, it offers a Bachelor of Science in Business with Digital Marketing Certificate.
- In terms of organizations, don’t miss the Sales and Marketing Association of the Mid-South. They have monthly meetings, and training sessions – and sometimes short courses in topics such as social media marketing. It might be worth joining!
Training Options: Memphis, Tennessee, Online and Beyond
Memphis is some 1775 miles from our location in San Jose, California by plane, and over 2,000 miles by road. With plane fares estimated at $500 round-trip, plus workshop time of 8 hours and 1/2 hour of preparation time for each hour of instruction… assuming you have a group of at least 5 persons, an in-person, private workshop training in SEO / Social Media / and/or AdWords would run roughly $1000 plus expenses. So your options are to either use the continuing education resources listed above (be sure to check their course catalogs for course offerings, as these vary over time), to use online training, or to contact us for a private workshop. We also provide one-on-one training online.
Here are some fun facts about Memphis:
- The area around Memphis is heavily geared towards lumber and cotton production.
- Memphis is also a distribution center for livestock, grains, and a number of other agricultural products.
- In Memphis restaurants it is illegal to give any pie to a fellow diner, and it is also illegal to take home any pie that you have left over.
- It is also illegal for a woman motorist to drive alone. She must have a man walking in front waving a red flag to warn other motorists and pedestrians.
- Memphis is home to Elvis Presley’s Graceland mansion which attracts over 600,000 visitors a year.
- Memphis is host to the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Competition every May.
- If a frog keeps you awake after 11.00 pm by its croaking, you can have it arrested.