With Portland the 29th largest city in the United States, having a population of 609,000, it has many opportunities for continuing education in online marketing. As part of our directory of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), social media marketing, and marketing (generally) opportunities for adult learners, here are our selections for continuing education in marketing in the Portland area. Please note that we can provide corporate training on these topics by custom quote (minimum of 5 participants).
- Free Directory. Use this free directory of Portland continuing education programs in marketing to find possible SEO, Social Media Marketing, and/or AdWords training classes. Be advised that all programs and schedules are subject to change without notice; the JM Internet Group assumes no responsibility for listings in this free directory.
- Custom Training Quote. For a custom training quote, please call us at 800-298-4065 or send an inquiry.
Leveraging Free (and Low Cost) Marketing Education Opportunities In Portland
Small business owners and marketers, entrepreneurs starting their own businesses, and even non-profits can (and should) avail themselves of free Internet marketing opportunities ranging from Google / Bing optimization to Facebook or Twitter marketing to simple tactics to use “real world” marketing to improve their performance. We at the JM Internet Group are all about learning and doing… If you know of a continuing education opportunity in the Portland area, please contact us for free inclusion (non-profit organizations, only)!
- Updated: November 19, 2015
Continuing Education in (Internet) Marketing: Portland.
The institutions below provide training in Internet marketing, including SEO, Social Media Marketing, and AdWords / PPC. However, be sure to check with each institution as to their schedule of classes, as not all subjects are offered at all times. Schedules and training curricula are subject to change without notice, and the JM Internet Group assumes no responsibility of the accuracy of any program listed in this free directory.
- Portland State University, Continuing Ed offers courses in Search Engine Marketing/Digital Marketing Strategies. It has this to say: Topics covered include:
- Overview of Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Keyword research
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Local search engine optimization
- Mobile search engine marketing
- Pay-per-click marketing (PPC)
- Link development
- Search engine marketing public relations (SEM PR)
- Site performance and landing page optimization
- Online reputation management (ORM)
- Tracking success
- Portland Adult Education Center has a whole range of computer and internet related courses including google Drive, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word Advanced, and a whole lot more.
- SCORE also has Portland workshops in SEO and Social Media, here.
- Portland Community College also has courses in marketing, here. They have a Continuing Ed specific section, here.
Training Options: Portland, Oregon, Online and Beyond
Portland is only around 670 miles from our location in San Jose, California. With plane fares estimated at $200 round-trip, plus workshop time of 8 hours and 1/2 hour of preparation time for each hour of instruction… assuming you have a group of at least 5 persons, an in-person, private workshop training in SEO / Social Media / and/or AdWords would run roughly $700 plus expenses. So your options are to either use the continuing education resources listed above (be sure to check their course catalogs for course offerings, as these vary over time), to use online training, or to contact us for a private workshop. We also provide one-on-one training online.
Here are some fun facts about Portland. The World Naked Bike Ride takes place every year in Portland, and is the world’s largest with some 13,000 participants all in the buff. It is actually against some public decency laws, but is allowed because it is now a “tradition”! There is a volcano inside the Portland city limits. There are more strip clubs per head in Portland than anywhere else in the US. Local resident Douglas Engelbart invented something you use every day – the mouse on your laptop. Phil Knight, a Portland resident, is responsible for the slogan “Just do it”: he co-founded Nike. You are not allowed to modify the weather in Portland without obtaining a license.