Understanding Keywords in Google AdWords – Session #2 of AdWords MOOC / Tutorial
Most advertisers do not realize that when they advertise on Google they are automatically put onto the Display Network. The ‘default’ setting and prompts in AdWords push you towards the Display Network. But what is the Display Network? Is it a smart move for your ads? Usually the answer is no. Sometimes it’s yes. Either way, you should learn what the display network is and how to turn it on and off, as well as to generate reports that will help you learn where, exactly, your ads are running. Let’s get started!
Links Used in ‘AdWords Display Network: Understanding the Google Display Network’
- Path: browsing – look for examples of Google Ads via the Display network
- Log into AdWords, then Tools & Analysis, then Display Planner. Enter keywords to see possible placements for your keywords.
- Log into AdWords, then Campaigns, then Campaign settings to turn OFF the display network.
- Log into AdWords, then go to a Campaign (or Group), then Display Network, then Placements to see where you have been placed.
- Log into AdWords, then go to a Campaign (or Group), then Display Network, then Placements, then scroll to the very, very bottom to get to ‘Exclusions.’ Then under ‘exclusions’ exclude – categories.
Free Resources for ‘AdWords Display Network: Understanding the Google Display Network’
- Display Network Worksheet: register to gain access to the worksheets in WORD and PDF formats.
- AdWords Toolbook: register to get our comprehensive list of the most important free learning resources for AdWords as well as the best free tools for AdWords.
- Google Help Articles