Social Media Marketing – it’s a party and not a prison. Here’s my list of the best books on social media marketing for 2021. First, you need to learn how to ‘throw’ incredible parties on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and yes – even TikTok. But social media can be confusing for many reasons. At various times (MySpace, Twitter, SnapChat) people are terrified that if they’re not ‘doing it,’ well everyone else is ‘doing it,’ and ‘doing it’ better. So you better be ‘doing it,’ right? Well, not exactly. Second, you need a conceptual framework to do social media marketing, well. Fortunately, that’s where this list of the best books on social media marketing come in – deep dives into the in’s and out’s of throwing the most incredible ‘party’ on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or even TikTok. Here’s my list of 2021 books on social media marketing (included in the Appendix of my own book, the Social Media Marketing Workbook 2021). You can also access the books in the free companion Marketing Almanac, available for free.
Also, check out this list of best social media marketing books of 2021.
If you have a recommendation, please contact me.
Recommended Books on Social Media Marketing for 2021
- Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing – Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing takes readers through a 360-degree perspective of social media marketing in businesses, from strategy to tactics, from organic to paid, from B2B to B2C, encompassing all of the current networks. – Rating: 5 Stars
- Crushing It – An instant classic by a guru of social media marketing chutzpah. Four-time New York Times bestselling author Gary Vaynerchuk offers new lessons and inspiration drawn from the experiences of dozens of influencers and entrepreneurs who rejected the predictable corporate path in favor of pursuing their dreams by building thriving businesses and extraordinary personal brands. – Rating: 5 Stars
- Social Media Marketing Guide 2021 2 Books in 1: Gain Customers Through Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter – Social Media Marketing Guide 2021 2 Books in 1 will provide you with everything you need to further your business on social media and gain legitimate leads through your social platforms. Gone are the days of businesses not having to worry about their social media presence. It should now be one of the main focal points of any well-operated marketing strategy. – Rating: 4 Stars
- Social Media Marketing For Dummies – In the new edition of Social Media Marketing for Dummies, leading SMM voices Shiv Singh and Stephanie Diamond clear away the confusion and show you the smartest, most effective ways to plan, launch, manage, and assess your campaigns―and then iterate and optimize for increased success. – Rating: 4 Stars
- Social Media Marketing: The 2020’s Ultimate Best Strategies to Become an Expert and Create Your Personal Brand Using Facebook, Twitter, Youtube & Instagram (+ 7 Tricks to Grow Your Business) – Social media is more powerful and reliable consistently and has much higher ROI than mainstream advertising and media. Social media marketing is no longer an option. Your customers expect you to touch them the way they do, no matter who they are. The vast majority of businesses have insufficient marketing strategies for social media. Many businesses are playing catch-up with current trends in digital marketing, and when the business has perfected them, their tactics will be obsolete. – Rating: 4 Stars
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business – Andrew Macarthy brings forth a wonderful cornucopia of tips and advice on social media marketing. While the book doesn’t provide an overarching conceptual framework on social media marketing, it does have a great ‘laundry list’ approach that you can scroll through, looking for ideas for your own company. – Rating: 4 Stars
- Social Media Marketing for Small Business Owners: How to Use Paid Advertising and Sales Funnels on Facebook & Instagram for Maximum Revenue Growth in 2020 – Mark Warner writes, ‘As a small business owner, you´re busy all day. You realize you need to put some time and effort in automating your sales funnel to have a more stable and predictable sales. You consider using Facebook or Instagram. But you don´t have time to figure everything out on your own. And you´re budget doesn´t allow you to hire an Ad Agency either. If you´re looking for a step-by-step guide on how to use these platforms … and you want to automate your Sales Funnel for your business on a tight budget … then you´ve come to the right place.’ – Rating: 3 Stars
- Social Media Marketing 2019: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Social Media Marketing Strategies on How to Gain a Massive Following on Facebook, Instagram – Gavin Turner writes, ‘If you want to discover how to leverage the power of social media with Social Media Marketing in 2019 to help you make more sales and achieve your business goals, keep reading… Did you know: The number of people spending time on the Internet has grown to 4.4 billion, there had been a 9% increase in active social media users in 2019 – translating to over 3.5 billion users. The average person spends 142 minutes of their day using social media.’ – Rating: 3 Stars
- Social Media Marketing #2019: 3 in 1 – Secret Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & Twitter Strategies for Making a killer Profit with Personal Branding, Affiliate Marketing and Dropshipping – Ronald Roberts writes, ‘Would you like to master the art of grasping your customers’ interest through social networks more than ever before? Or find out how to take your social media advertising skills to the next level? Are you looking to grow your brand and business more efficiently and expeditiously? Then you’re in luck!’ – Rating: 3 Stars
- The 8 Pillars of Social Media Marketing in 2019: Learn How to Transform Your Online Marketing Strategy For Maximum Growth with Minimum Investment – Matthew Bartnik writes, ‘81% of the Population of the USA are active social media users. That is a captive audience of over 250 million people in the US alone. And now, worldwide almost half the world is on social media in some form. Never in the history of the world have people been more accessible. Never have you had more ability to zero in on your target market (no matter how small of a niche they are), find them, and market to them. However, the competition has never been greater. ‘ – Rating: 3 Stars
- Social Media Marketing 2019: Advertising Guide for Your Business on Instagram and Facebook – Tony Pierce writes, ‘If you want to know how to advertise your product/service/page at Facebook and Instagram, then keep reading… I don’t think I need to tell you how big social media is. Social media is the fastest-growing trend in the history of the world. This sector has grown faster than the Internet itself.’ – Rating: 3 Stars
- Social Media Marketing Tips 2019: Build your Brand and Become an Expert in Digital Networking & Personal Branding, create your Business with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter – Jason Miller writes, ‘This book includes the top tips to help you improve, grow and master your Social Media Marketing skills. Change the way that you market your business! It doesn’t matter what social media platforms your business favors, the time and marketing budget spent there can reap immense rewards, but only if the company’s social media presence is handled properly. If you are looking for the best way to dip your foot into this marketing goldmine, then this book is exactly what you need!’ – Rating: 3 Stars
- Social Media Marketing Mastery 2019:3 BOOKS IN 1-How to Build a Brand and Become an Expert Influencer Using Facebook, Twitter, Youtube & Instagram – According to Robert Miller, ‘This collection includes the top books to help you improve, grow and master your Social Media Marketing skills. Change the way that you market your business! It doesn’t matter what social media platforms your business favors, the time and marketing budget spent there can reap immense rewards, but only if the company’s social media presence is handled properly.’ – Rating: 3 Stars
A Strategy for Social Media Marketing in 2021
Ok, before you buy all the books, consult the complete list in the Marketing Almanac. Step back for a moment, and think about the big picture. Here are some steps. First, write down your marketing goals. Who are your customers? What do they want? How does what you sell match what they need? Second, figure out the keyword connection points. Social Media is all about the connection points – why they care about what you have, and why they’ll SHARE your marketing message. It’s more about your customers’ needs than about you. Third, content content content – you need to generate a lot of quality content to make social media work; choose one or just a couple networks (e.g., Instagram and Facebook not Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace (OK, not MySpace)… Less is more. Fourth, have FUN. If it’s not fun (even LinkedIn), it won’t really work. Finally, if you’d like to suggest a social media marketing book for my 2020 list of the best social media books, please just email me your suggestion with a link to Amazon. Thanks!