SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a subject near and dear to my heart. As the primary teacher, organizer and cheerleader of the JM Internet Group, I (of course) have my own SEO book for 2019: The SEO Fitness Workbook. Updated for 2019, it comes with worksheets and links to videos as well as a step-by-step methodology that starts with keywords, takes you through ON PAGE SEO such as HTML page tags and website structure, and ends up with OFF PAGE SEO (links, social mentions, and social authority). That said, I often get asked by my students for a list of the best SEO books for 2019. Here’s my updated list of books on search engine optimization. If you have a recommendation, please contact me.
Recommended Books on SEO for 2019
- SEO Fitness Workbook: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google – While many books on SEO sell for $2.99 or are even free, the SEO FITNESS WORKBOOK is priced at $39.99. It’s not cheap. It’s worth it. Here’s why. 1) Basic, practical advice – the SEO FITNESS WORKBOOK leads you step-by-step with an emphasis on DOING SEO not just understanding SEO, 2) The SEO TOOLBOOK – it includes, for free, the massive SEO Toolbook, 3) Worksheets – throughout, the book points to ‘howto’ worksheets that you can download and complete. – Rating: 5 Stars
- SEO: Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing – An updated 2019 version of a very popular SEO Book by author Adam Clarke. In its own words, ‘No matter your background, SEO 2017 will walk you through search engine optimization techniques used to grow countless companies online, exact steps to rank high in Google, and how get a ton of customers with SEO.’ – Rating: 4 Stars
- Search Engine Domination: The Proven Plan, Best Practice Processes + Super Moves to Make Millions with Online Marketin – According to the very humble authors, ‘Clay Clark & his partner Doctor Robert Zoellner actually own REAL businesses, not theoretical click-funnel based businesses. Regardless of how much you know or don’t know, Search Engine Domination, will guide you down the proven path of search engine domination that Clay & Doctor Zoellner, have personally used to grow 13 multi-million dollar businesses’ – Rating: 3 Stars
- The SEO Way: Beginners Guide to Search Engine Optimization – According to author Tarek Riman, ‘The SEO Way is designed to help start-ups, students, companies, beginners, marketers and entrepreneurs harness the power of search engines to grow their businesses and bring real value to their customers.Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the collection of strategies, tactics and best practices used by businesses to get themselves in front of their audience on search engines.In today’s world, this matters. ‘ – Rating: 3 Stars
- SEO 2018 (No-Bullsh*t) Strategy: The ULTIMATE Step-by-Step SEO Book – Using this Strategy, I’ve Ranked Not Two, Not Three, But FOUR Times on the FIRST Page of Google for FREE for the Same High-Quality Keyword and Generate $12k+ Worth of Monthly Traffic FOR FREE This 2018 Search Engine Optimization Strategy Guide takes your hand and walks you through the entire implementation of a proven SEO strategy. – Rating: 3 Stars
- 3 Months to No.1: The “No-Nonsense” SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google – Learn the SEO tactics that saw one Airline Pilot quit his flying career. The same ones he used to build a Top SEO Agency in London. 7 Years & 500 clients later, he hands you the Playbook. – Rating: 3 Stars
- My SEO Workbook – According to the author, ‘My SEO Workbook is an activity-rich search engine optimization guide for 2019 to help achieve the goal of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and get more traffic and customers to find their business online. SEO traffic should be part of any online businesses 2019 online marketing strategy and will help get organic traffic from all the search engines like Google, Bing, Yaho’ – Rating: 1 Stars
A Strategy for Starting SEO in 2019 – Using Books on Search Engine Optimization (or not)
Ok, before you buy all the best SEO books for 2019, step back for a moment, and think about the big picture. Your strategy to approach the optimization of your website, vis-a-vis Google and Bing. Here are some steps. First, write down your marketing goals. Who are your customers? What do they want? How does what you sell match what they need? Second, figure out the keyword connection points. SEO is all about search, so they must be searching by some keyword that “matches” what they want to what you offer. You gotta know those keywords in a very, very systematic way. Third, after reading some of the books above, you should understand page tags and SEO. Inventory your current site content vis-a-vis tags such as the TITLE, META DESCRIPTION, HEADER, ANCHOR, and IMG ALT tags. Make sure you have your keywords in those tags! Inventory your website structure and links between pages. Inventory your home page content. Fourth, turn to links and off page SEO. Links are the currency of the Web. Who links to you, and why? How can you get more quality links? Take a look at social media: what are your social profiles like (especially Google+), and how can you improve them? Are you popular on Twitter? Finally, turn to Google Analytics and metrics. Measure your rank on Google, and measure your inbound traffic.
SEO, like physical fitness, takes the desire to learn, the courage to implement, and the tenacity to stick with it.
Finally, if you’d like to suggest an SEO book for my 2019 list of the best SEO books, please just email me your suggestion with a link to Amazon. Thanks!