SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a subject near and dear to my heart. As the primary teacher, organizer and cheerleader of the JM Internet Group, I (of course) have my own SEO book for 2021: The SEO Workbook. Updated for 2021, it comes with worksheets and links to videos as well as a step-by-step methodology that starts with keywords, takes you through ON PAGE SEO such as HTML page tags and website structure, and ends up with OFF PAGE SEO (links, social mentions, and social authority). That said, I often get asked by my students for a list of the best SEO books of recent vintage.
- Note: you can read another good list of the best SEO books at NIGCWORLD.com as well as this list of books on search engine optimization.
Here’s my updated list of books on search engine optimization. If you have a recommendation, please contact me.
Recommended Books on SEO for 2021
- SEO for Dummies – Search Engine Optimization For Dummies shows website owners, developers, and search engine optimizers (SEOs) how to create a website that ranks at the top of search engines and has high-volume traffic, while answering the essential question of “how do I get people to visit my site?” (New for 2020). – Rating: 5 Stars
- SEO Workbook: Search Engine Optimization Success in Seven Steps – While many books on SEO sell for $2.99 or are even free, the SEO FITNESS WORKBOOK is priced at a higher livel. It’s not cheap. It’s worth it. Here’s why. 1) Basic, practical advice – the SEO WORKBOOK leads you step-by-step with an emphasis on DOING SEO not just understanding SEO, 2) The SEO TOOLBOOK – it includes, for free, the massive SEO Toolbook, 3) Worksheets – throughout, the book points to ‘howto’ worksheets that you can download and complete. – Rating: 5 Stars
- How To Get To The Top Of Google in 2021: The Plain English Guide to SEO – About the author – Hundreds of clients later and with a team of 100 at his agency Exposure Ninja, Tim’s story shows that anyone, even if you don’t have a background in SEO, can learn what it takes to rank their website on Google.We update the book at least once a year to reflect the latest changes to the algorithm, so you’re always in the know. Lifetime updates are included with purchase, so this is the last SEO book you’ll ever need to buy! – Rating: 4 Stars
- SEO: Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing – An updated 2021 version of a very popular SEO Book by author Adam Clarke. In its own words, ‘No matter your background, SEO 2020 will walk you through search engine optimization techniques used to grow countless companies online, exact steps to rank high in Google, and how get a ton of customers with SEO.’ – Rating: 4 Stars
- SEO 2020: Actionable, Hands-on SEO, Including a Full Site Audit – Do you want to learn a safe & effective SEO strategy that works in 2020? Real search engine optimization where you build 100% white-hat backlinks to catapult your site to the top of the SERPs? An SEO plan without risk of a Google slap or penalty? – Rating: 3 Stars
- The SEO Blueprint – After 10 years of doing SEO for clients, Ryan Stewart’s agency (WEBRIS) was acquired. The agency was an attractive asset because of their ability to deliver the highest quality SEO services across hundreds of websites and getting results every time. The key to maintaining quality while operating at scale is systems and processes. – Rating: 3 Stars
- SEO For Beginners 2020: Learn and Develop a Strategy for Search Engine Optimisation and Grow Your Business With Google – Written for the beginner, this powerful book uncovers the little-known secrets of SEO, arming you with the tools you need to break into this field, grow your online business, and appear on the first page of Google. Covering the best strategies, along with a wealth of tips and tricks, now you can get started with SEO no matter your level of experience. – Rating: 3 Stars
- Search Engine Domination: The Proven Plan, Best Practice Processes + Super Moves to Make Millions with Online Marketin – According to the very humble authors, ‘Clay Clark & his partner Doctor Robert Zoellner actually own REAL businesses, not theoretical click-funnel based businesses. Regardless of how much you know or don’t know, Search Engine Domination, will guide you down the proven path of search engine domination that Clay & Doctor Zoellner, have personally used to grow 13 multi-million dollar businesses’ – Rating: 3 Stars
- The SEO Way: Beginners Guide to Search Engine Optimization – According to author Tarek Riman, ‘The SEO Way is designed to help start-ups, students, companies, beginners, marketers and entrepreneurs harness the power of search engines to grow their businesses and bring real value to their customers.Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the collection of strategies, tactics and best practices used by businesses to get themselves in front of their audience on search engines.In today’s world, this matters. ‘ – Rating: 3 Stars
- 3 Months to No.1: The “No-Nonsense” SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google – Learn the SEO tactics that saw one Airline Pilot quit his flying career. The same ones he used to build a Top SEO Agency in London. 7 Years & 500 clients later, he hands you the Playbook. – Rating: 3 Stars
- The ERICA Framework: Your Answer to the Toughest SEO Challenges – What You´ll Find in This Book: The POWER of SEO and fundamental concepts you need to understand. 5 things you need to know about GOOGLE and SEARCH. The Formula for SEO Return on Investment.
The 5 KEY ELEMENTS of ongoing SEO Success. The ideal SEO Team The SECRETS of the framework and how it can REVOLUTIONIZE your online marketing. With The ERICA Framework, you can solve the SEO puzzle and get amazing outcomes. – Rating: 2 Stars
- DIY SEO: Basics of Digital Marketing for Managers and Small Business Owners – This book is about Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. It contains all the essential information for entrepreneurs, who open a new business or acquire the existing one. Employment demand for marketing specialists with digital skills is growing. If you own a small business, you can save on your advertising expenditure because you’ll learn how to create a digital marketing strategy that will draw in customers. – Rating: 2 Stars
- The SEO Book: Search engine optimization 2020, Free SEO Audit incl., Way to Nr. 1, SEO and SEM – Basic new book on SEO. – Rating: 1 Stars
- My SEO Workbook – According to the author, ‘My SEO Workbook is an activity-rich search engine optimization guide for 2019 to help achieve the goal of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and get more traffic and customers to find their business online. SEO traffic should be part of any online businesses 2019 online marketing strategy and will help get organic traffic from all the search engines like Google, Bing, Yaho’ – Rating: 1 Stars
If you’d like to suggest an SEO book for my 2020 list of the best SEO books, please just email me your suggestion with a link to Amazon. Thanks!