Off Page SEO & Link Buildilng – Session #4 of our SEO MOOC / Tutorial
When searching for a job, you first identify your job target (keywords). You then build an awesome resume (page tags), and finally you turn to your references and referrals (links). In SEO MOOC #4, we turn to lins and social mentions to understand how Google interprets inbound links like ‘votes’ on the Web. A successful SEO campaign needs a link-building element: getting great inbound links, like great references in a job search, will turbo-charge your SEO efforts. Let’s get started!
Click to watch Understanding SEO Link-building and Social Mentions!
Here are the links Jason uses during this video tutorial.
- GOOGLE PAGERANK:
- PageRank on Wikipedia
- link:progressive.com, link:geico.com
- Ahrefs.com – compare progressive.com to 21st.com.
- LINK BUILDING TACTICS
- Easy Ecosystem Partners = ask everyone!
- Directories / Google Searches –
- Solo SEO Tool – insert your keywords and browse for logical, easy link targets.
- Google – do logical Google searches such as “Top Sites” for such-and-such, or “recommended sites,” or “list of”
- Social Mentions
- Link Bait
- Monex – example of link bait.
- What My Mom Thinks I Do Meme (Infographics).
- Widgets – BMI calculator, FREE SEO tools, Reverse Mortgage Calculators, etc.
- Penguin Update – Penguin Update on Wikipedia.
- Example Searches on Google: ‘SEO Classes,’ ‘What is a Landing Page,’ ‘Pizza’ – show the preference for people who have enabled Google+!- Tools –
- Google+ for Business (Official Page)
- Google+ +1 Button
- How to Get Your Picture on Google Search (Tutorial)
Get the FREE Worksheet and Quizzes
- Register to get the FREE class worksheets and PowerPoint slides.
- FREE Quizzes: