‘What are the best conferences on SEO for 2020?,’ you ask. Well, the top conferences on search engine optimization are the ones that not only have the top experts (including a few from Google or Bing), but also have the funnest camaraderie as the technological cognoscenti get together to discuss the latest in link-building, the ins and out of on page optimization, and the new, new trends such as ‘mobile first’ and ‘AMP.’ Here is our list of the best conferences on everything search, rated from best to worst (but all on the list are pretty darn good).
- Ungagged – Ready to go to the dark side of SEO? Well, not exactly the dark side, but the gray side mixed with some hype and some secrets and the cognoscenti of technical SEO? Ungagged is your conference. Learn everything Google doesn’t want to tell you amidst some really smarty pants people from the world of technical SEO. Bring your pleasant smile; you’ll need it. – Rating: 5 Stars
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX) – Search Marketing Expo, or SMX, is the search engine marketing conference from Third Door Media, the company behind the Search Engine Land news site, and the Search Marketing Now webcast series. SMX is programmed by the sharpest minds in search marketing. – Rating: 5 Stars
- Brighton SEO – BrightonSEO started out, like many a fine idea, as conversation in a pub. Kelvin Newman and some other SEOs were talking: “Why don’t we get a few people together who work in SEO, arrange a couple of talks and give people who work in the industry a chance to meet-up”. The idea was to share ideas and chat about all the interesting stuff that we can’t really talk about with anyone outside the industry for fear of them falling asleep. – Rating: 4 Stars
- MozCon – Bringing you the brightest minds in search, social, inbound marketing, and more, MozCon is known for its dynamic, advanced content and idea-filled sessions. Roger, the Mozbot, can’t wait to see you. Amazing content from industry leaders. Actionable tips and deep insights. Three days and one amazing experience. – Rating: 4 Stars
- SearchLove Conference – SearchLove provides search marketing insight across a 2 day conference. Attendees learn how to drive higher quality traffic to their site, get actionable advice on the latest search engine advancements and discover page conversion strategies, all delivered by search marketing experts who implement these tactics every day. – Rating: 3 Stars
- Pubcon – Pubcon is an annual social media and optimization conference supported by the industry’s leading businesses, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors involved in social media, Internet marketing, search engines, and digital advertising, and offers an in-depth look at the future of technology presented by the world’s top speakers in provocative cutting-edge sessions. – Rating: 3 Stars
- State of Search – The SEO cognoscenti sure make the rounds, don’t they? Yet another conference on SEO with yet another round up of pretty much the same people. This event will be held in Dallas, so if you’re local, go. If you’re not, then look for another one of the SEO conferences, as many of the same people and most of the same topics will be covered in the other ones such as SMX. – Rating: 2 Stars
Know of Another SEO Conference or SEO Show?
Did we miss a conference? Do you know of the latest and greatest twist on the topic of SEO, coming to a convention center near you? If so, please contact us via email. We’re always eager to identify great conferences! With 2017 in full gear, we’re always on the look out for new conferences or trade shows that make it easy to get your company, product, or service to the top of Google!