There aren’t really that many conferences that truly focus on SEO (Search Engine Optimization), so to call this the ‘Ultimate List’ is more than a bit of hubris. That said, if you’re in conference mode, these conferences can be a great way to catch up on what’s trending, what’s exciting, what’s new, and what hasn’t changed. I recommend you first review some of the great books on SEO as well as free tutorials on the topic. With the basics in the hand, it’s time to jet off to San Francisco, Seattle, or New York City to learn the latest and greatest from the SEO cognoscenti –
Here are the top SEO conferences for 2016-2017, ranked from best to least best (we wouldn’t say worst, as if they made this list, they’re pretty good as conferences go!).
- Black Hat World Conference
- Ready to go to the dark side of SEO? Well, not exactly the dark side, but the gray side mixed with some hype and some secrets and the cognoscenti of technical SEO? Black Hat world is your conference. Learn everything Google doesn’t want to tell you amidst some really obnoxious, full-of-themselves smarty pants people from the world of technical SEO. Bring your pleasant smile; you’ll need it. – Star Rating: 4
- SES Conference
- SES is a leading global event series about search and social marketing. Focusing on tactics and best practices, SES events bring together thought leaders and industry experts, from private consultants to representatives from the search engines themselves, to provide YOU with the skills to succeed in online marketing. – Star Rating: 4
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX)
- Search Marketing Expo, or SMX, is the search engine marketing conference from Third Door Media, the company behind the Search Engine Land news site, and the Search Marketing Now webcast series. SMX is programmed by the sharpest minds in search marketing. – Star Rating: 4
- Bringing you the brightest minds in search, social, inbound marketing, and more, MozCon is known for its dynamic, advanced content and idea-filled sessions. Roger, the Mozbot, can’t wait to see you. Amazing content from industry leaders. Actionable tips and deep insights. Three days and one amazing experience. – Star Rating: 4
- SearchLove Conference
- SearchLove provides search marketing insight across a 2 day conference. Attendees learn how to drive higher quality traffic to their site, get actionable advice on the latest search engine advancements and discover page conversion strategies, all delivered by search marketing experts who implement these tactics every day. – Star Rating: 3
- Pubcon is an annual social media and optimization conference supported by the industry’s leading businesses, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors involved in social media, Internet marketing, search engines, and digital advertising, and offers an in-depth look at the future of technology presented by the world’s top speakers in provocative cutting-edge sessions. – Star Rating: 3
- Content Marketing World
- Content Marketing World is the one event where you can learn and network with the best and the brightest in the content marketing industry.You will leave with all the materials you need to take a content marketing strategy back to your team – and – to implement a content marketing plan that will grow your business and inspire your audience. – Star Rating: 3
- SEJ Summit 2015
- An invite-only, top-shelf conference series for enterprise digital marketers in the US and the UK. Presented by Searchmetrics. – Star Rating: 2
- INBOUND fuels the passion that drives the most innovative and successful business leaders of our time. INBOUND’s purpose is to provide the inspiration, education, and connections you need to transform your business. More for content marketing than for SEO, but since content is king… – Star Rating: 2
- Conversion Conference
- Whether you’re a web designer, an optimization or analytics pro, a marketer or a business owner, you can learn, grow and profit from the secrets of the highest converting websites in the world by attending Conversion Conference. – Star Rating: 2
Know of Another SEO Conference?
Did we miss a conference? Do you know of the latest and greatest twist on the topic of SEO, coming to a convention center near you? If so, please contact us via email. We’re always eager to identify great conferences!
Updated: August 22, 2016