Google Ads (formerly) AdWords can be your best friend or your worst enemy. To that end, reading books on Google AdWords is a good way to educate yourself. First, select a book from this list of books on online advertising. Second, read the book. Third, try to implement its recommendations.As part of our own best-selling Google Ads book, the AdWords Workbook, we maintain a list of recommended books on Google AdWords. (Here’s another list of the best books on Google Ads). The best way to proceed down the list is to read a book, implement what you buy in terms of the author’s perspective, test that, and then go to the next book on the list. Happy advertising!
A List of the Best Books on Google AdWords for 2021
- Google Ads (AdWords) Workbook (2021): Advertising on Google Ads, YouTube, & the Display Network – Buy the book used by Jason McDonald to teach Google Ads. With over 175 reviews, this is one of the highest rated and most popular books on Google Ads (AdWords). It includes video links, worksheets, and quizzes. – Rating: 5 Stars
- Ultimate Guide to Google Ads – Covering the latest breaking news in Google Ads, this sixth edition introduces revised, expanded and new chapters covering Enhanced Campaigns, Google Ads Express, Google’s Product Listing Ads, and more. Changes in Big Data advertising are also revealed and expanded sections and necessary updates have been added throughout. – Rating: 5 Stars
- Google Ads: A Complete Guide – From the author: As a professional who has been working in the field of digital marketing for more than 20 years, I will share special tactics to achieve the best performance in your Google Ads campaigns. To help you get results, I will provide 30-item checklist at the end of the book.
Many brands implemented these strategies and achieved success. – Rating: 4 Stars
- Make Each Click Count Using Google Shopping: Revealing Profits & Strategies – When done well, Google Shopping provides e-commerce retailers with the most profitable marketing channel available today. However, advertising with Google Shopping has many moving parts including creating and uploading products to Google Merchant Center, managing products inside the Google Ads interface, and optimizing your account results based on historical data. The complexity of Google Shopping creates many poorly managed and underperforming accounts leaving vast opportunities for those that can create well-run and optimized Google Shopping campaigns. – Rating: 4 Stars
- Google Ads(Adwords) Advanced (2020 Edition): Learn How to Mastering Google Adwords,Search and Display Network & YouTube Ads Profitably – This book comes up with a step by step guide to understanding the Google ads basic to advanced level in a simplified manner that you cannot find anywhere else. You don’t need to refer other books to learn about Google ads. It is fully updated for 2020 and focused on the new Google ads interface. – Rating: 4 Stars
- The Beginner’s Guide To Google Ads: The Insider’s Complete Resource For Everything PPC Agencies Won’t Tell You – The original Beginner’s Guide To PPC was released to widespread acclaim in 2018 for being a concise, comprehensive, and accessible introduction to pay-per-click advertising. Anya Gildner has followed up the success of the original guide with this paperback, expanding on the online guide and updating the contents for 2019. Inside, you’ll learn the latest methods of creating, managing, analyzing, and reporting for Google Ads. – Rating: 4 Stars
- How to Generate Highly Profitable Google Ads: Discover the Key Method to Explode Your Clicks and Conversions Using Google AdWords – In this book, you are going to discover: ✓ Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a True Google Adwords Ninja and Running Insanely Profitable Campaigns on the World’s Biggest Search Engine ✓ How to Profitably Market Small Businesses (with Small Budgets) with Google Adwords… and much, much more!
– Rating: 3 Stars
- Google Ads Practical Handbook, Search Network – Start or continue your learning in digital marketing by mastering the most powerful advertising network on the web, known as search network, learn from scratch and discover all the methods that will make your digital marketing strategy the most profitable channel of your business. Add the most important skill to your digital marketing knowledge, which is to find users who are really on the way to acquiring goods and/or services and turn them into your customers. Learn how to use Google Ads step by step with case studies, getting the lowest cost per click with real examples, including specific and global analysis. All content in a single volume, explained in a simple way, accompanied by images that will facilitate your learning. – Rating: 3 Stars
- Ask The PPC Manager — Self-Managing Google Ads That Make Money Without Agency Fees – “Ask The PPC Manager” showcases the Clicks to Money™ system — self-managing Google Ads that make as much money as possible, as fast as possible, for as long as possible, with as little work as possible, for months or years, without paying agency fees. – Rating: 3 Stars
A Strategy for AdWords Using Books on AdWords (or not)
Ok, before you buy all the AdWords books. Step back for a moment, and think about the big picture. Have you considered alternatives like SEO or social media marketing? What about advertising on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. These books on Google Ads are fantastic, but many of them don’t encourage you to look at your alternatives. Finally, if you’d like to suggest a AdWords book for my 2021 list of the best books on Google Ads, please just email me your suggestion with a link to Amazon. Thanks!