Master Social Media Marketing at Stanford Continuing Studies – Summer 2020!
Social media marketing is hard work. First, you have to have a “conceptual framework” about what social media “marketing” really is. (Hint: it’s a party and you’re the party planner). Then, you have to have a content marketing strategy. And finally you have to have both strategic and technical knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and even TikTok. It’s enough to make a modern marketer pull his or her hair out (and make a viral TikTok video about how hard it is to do marketing in this new, digital marketing).
Don’t pull your hair out! You can do this. Social Media Marketing just takes a little learning, some common sense, and a lot of hard work, working step-by-step in a systematic fashion on your social media marketing plan at both a “big picture” and a “platform” level. Fortunately, I will be offering my Online Social Media Marketing Course this summer for Stanford Continuing Studies.
- LEARN MORE & ENROLL at the Stanford Website, here.
- Course cost: $485
- Dates: July 27 – August 28, 2020
This online Social Media Marketing course follows my popular book, the Social Media Marketing Workbook and its aim is to provide a live, hands-on online course oriented towards helping you to “make a plan” and begin systematically working on your company’s or non-profit’s Social Media Marketing.
SCHEDULE OF LIVE SESSIONS
Each week, we will have two sessions. The first is a “lecture” with Q&A and the second is a “workshop,” designed to help students “reverse engineer” what other companies are doing, and brainstorm their own systematic Social Media Marketing plan. ALL sessions are recorded, so if you can’t make it live, you can catch it in video. I also offer one-on-one “office hours” for students, plus readings, discussions, quizzes, and a course project. It’s a great way to get started on Social Media Marketing and “just do it!”
SCHEDULE OF LIVE ZOOM SESSIONS
- Week 1: Social Media Marketing & Content Marketing, the “Big Picture”
- Lecture: Monday, July 27: 6-7:30 pm.
- Workshop: Thursday, July 30: 12-1 pm.
- Week 2: Facebook, Mastering Organic Marketing and Advertising Opportunities
- Lecture: Monday, August 3: 6-7:30 pm
- Workshop: Tuesday, August 4: 5-6 pm
- Week 3: Twitter & Instagram (plus a lil’ TikTok), from Hashtags to Shop-by-picture
- Lecture: Tuesday, August 11: 2-3:30 pm
- Workshop: Wednesday, August 12: 12-1 pm
- Week 4: LinkedIn, Personal Branding & the B2B Platform
- Lecture: Monday, August 17: 6-7:30 pm
- Workshop: Thursday, August 20: 12-1 pm
- Week 5: Pinterest and YouTube, What Goes Viral and Why
- Lecture: Monday, August 24: 5-6:30 pm
- Workshop: Tuesday, August 25: 10 am-11:00 am
I’m happy to answer quick questions about the course content. Just use the contact form or call me at 415-655-1071.